[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks1.0b6 New useability annoyances

Jean Bovet antlr-list at arizona-software.ch
Mon Nov 27 21:15:57 PST 2006

> There have been notable improvements in your amendments to ANTLRWorks,
> thanks, but b5 to b6 has taken some steps back. I have noticed two
> changes that are not helpful:
> a) The ability to retain the size and position of project windows has
> stopped working as a result of this upgrade - on Win2K/Java
> 1.5.0.09 at
> least. Whatever the setting of the check box in Preferences, and
> making
> sure that Apply is clicked, if ANTLRWorks is restarted or a project is
> reloaded the standard window (top left corner and 800x600 overall)
> will
> appear.

Mmmm... yep, apparently it's broken on Windows but working on OS X.
OK, I will fix that.

> b)In b6 the only way to alter the output directory seems to be to
> change
> the overall preferences. On generation or debugging in b5 and
> earlier a
> directory change dialogue was offered if a grammar file was altered
> and
> saved, or even just reloaded. I found this very useful to keep work on
> different grammars separate.
>
> The first one at least was a change that you introduced (b1 to b2
> or b3)
> in the development process and it would be a shame to lose it again,
> whilst the second was welcome from the very first beta!,

That's right but the previous dialog didn't offer a "per grammar"
output directory: that's why I moved it to the preferences. But I can
make a pref to display it each time you want to generate a grammar.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Jean