[antlr-interest] ANTLR in windows

Sameer Nairi sameernairi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 03:35:09 PDT 2006

Hi guys,

This is a perfectly generic question thats likely to be covered before...but
sigh, I just haven't been able to get to a solution despite an entire
morning, the better part of an afternoon, and 3 cups of coffee - so here
goes: I'm new to ANTLR. I'm very interested in what ANTLR offers, but am
facing difficulties in getting ANTLR to work on Windows. I downloaded
2.7.6source, downloaded cygwin, but am unable to get configure & make
to work -
thus unable to install it... unfortunately, i haven't used *nix in years, so
don't know what arcane spells to invoke to get this thing to work... i'm
just addicted to those MSI files that I double click to sort everything out
;-)

Doubtless that some of you probably find this question a little offensive,
but what's the simplest possible route to get getting ANTLR to work on
windows while minimizing the number of downloads? I don't care about getting
the source & building it - i'd just like to use it to type out a grammar,
and get some C# output to feed my .NET addictions.

If i've missed some obvious link on the website, please do be kind enough to
point it out to me. Unlike seasoned ANTLERs, it can be quite difficult for
noob wannabies to to grok the website and find information quickly.

regards,
Sameer