[antlr-interest] ANTLR in windows

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 04:14:33 PDT 2006

Hi,

On 10/3/06, Sameer Nairi <sameernairi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doubtless that some of you probably find this question a little offensive,
> but what's the simplest possible route to get getting ANTLR to work on
> windows while minimizing the number of downloads? I don't care about getting
> the source & building it - i'd just like to use it to type out a grammar,
> and get some C# output to feed my .NET addictions.

http://www.antlr.org/download.html

Then scroll down a bit to the msi for 2.7.5 or the windows executable for 2.7.6.

I'm not familiar with the status of the C# bits in 2.7.5, e.g. if
you're missing essential bugfixes or anything. If you download the
mingw compiled executable for 2.7.6 combine it with the C# runtime
stuff from the normal 2.7.6 download.

In the file sharing section of the site are also some mingw/cygwin recipes:

http://www.antlr.org/share/1070254713840/cygwin.txt

Cheers,

Ric