[antlr-interest] Multiple pass tree walking Q

Hill, Robert rhill03 at eds.com
Tue Oct 3 06:42:54 PDT 2006

I want to make multiple passes over a tree but only utilise parts of the
tree for each pass so I've duplicated the tree grammar 3 times , adding
actions only for the parts that matter at each pass.

So the question is , how do you ignore (remove) whole branches of a
tree? At the moment if I add a node into the parser output I have to
change all 3 tree walkers in response. If I know that the tokens that
pass 1 will no longer be affected, how can I remove all the unwanted
rules from that grammar so It only looks at the tokens it needs?

Am I approaching this in the correct manner?

Cheers!

Rob

--
ROB HILL