[antlr-interest] rewriting done in antlrworks

Dieter Frej dieter_frej at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 13:30:41 PDT 2006

Hi,

in the current java.g for antlr3 there are no ^ to specify the order of
nodes in the AST. When I use the interpreter in antlrworks a correct AST
will be drawn showing which rules was executed. I would like to know how
this is realised. Does antlrworks modify the grammar on-the-fly or is
the execution somehow monitored? And: can I use this functionality "from
outside"? What I would like to do is to generate such an AST and work on
it... (ok, first display it and then go through it)... Or any other
ideas if this can done in a different way?

Thanks in advance!

- Didi