[antlr-interest] rewriting done in antlrworks

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Wed Oct 25 13:43:58 PDT 2006

Moin Dieter!

On 25. Oct 2006, at 22:30 , Dieter Frej wrote:

> When I use the interpreter in antlrworks a correct AST
> will be drawn showing which rules was executed.

Isn't that just the parse tree instead of an AST? I believe the Parse
Tree and AST buttons show
the same thing if there are no tree operators or rewrites in the
grammar. Admittedly I haven't
checked, but I imagine that's what's happening.

To get the parse tree, you could insert actions at the end of each of
your rules, to get the structure.
The token indices you can get out of the rule's return value (named
retval currently).

HTH,

-k
--