[antlr-interest] output=AST vs output=template

Marc-André Laverdière ma_laver at ciise.concordia.ca
Wed Apr 25 07:40:13 PDT 2007

Hello,

I finally found out that buildAST was not a legal option anymore... but
I see that now we have two options to have an option.

With AST, I need a tree adapter, with template, we're using
stringtemplates... I don't know really either at all, and I'm wondering
what I should use.

My first short term objective is to parse in order to find out if there
are syntactical errors. Long term, I'm interested in translating from my
domain-specific language to a more concrete language, but in a
parametrized fashion.

Which approach is best for me?

--
Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE, B. Eng., M. A. Sc. (in progress)
Computer Security Laboratory - Laboratoire de sécurité informatique

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  X      against HTML e-mail
/ \

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4