[antlr-interest] Reccomended method: actions or TreeAdaptor?

Marc-André Laverdière ma_laver at ciise.concordia.ca
Wed Apr 25 14:38:29 PDT 2007

Hello,

I guess you can tell by now that I'm a newbie to the world of
programming languages/compilation.

My objective is to translate the raw AST into something that fits in a
class diagram that represents my program logic, so that I can write some
code interfacing with it and handling it.

I was discussing with a colleague who used yacc who told me that I
should modify the AST using actions. Yet, the Wiki hints that the
TreeAdaptor is the way to go now...

Some articles on the website (from Antlr2) talk about tree grammars as
well, so I end up not knowing what's the best way to do what I have to do.

What are the options, the pros and the cons?

Thanks!

--
Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE, B. Eng., M. A. Sc. (in progress)
Computer Security Laboratory - Laboratoire de sécurité informatique

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  X      against HTML e-mail
/ \

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4