[antlr-interest] What's this NoClassDefFoundError nonsense?

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Tue Aug 14 15:59:21 PDT 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 12:17 AM, Hardy, Stephen wrote:

> One minor problem remains, in that I need to add antlr-2.7.7.jar to
> the
> path otherwise it fails to find class antlr/TokenStream.  I would have
> thought only the runtime and stringtemplate jars would be required.

Not at the moment, unfortunately. Both StringTemplate and ANTLR are
implemented in terms of v2 at the moment.
ANTLR will definitely switch to being self hosted at some point in the
future (there is an experimental ANTLRv3.g written in v3 already) but
what the timeframe for ST is, I don't know.

I'm actively working on a ST grammar in v3, but right now my goal is not
to reimplement Java ST in v3, but rather being able to recognize ST in
Objective C. It might trickle down into ST mainline, though. We haven't
discussed that yet.

cheers,
-l
--