[antlr-interest] Newbie can't get off the ground and get through tutorial successfully

Bern.McCarty at bentley.com Bern.McCarty at bentley.com
Wed Dec 5 10:21:03 PST 2007

I'm brand new to antlr and to try to get off of the ground I'm trying to
go through the AntlrWorks tutorial at
http://www.antlr.org/works/help/tutorial/calculator.html. When I get to
the part where I try to Debug I always get a modal Error dialog stating:
"Cannot launch the remote parser because port 49153 is already in use".
But I'm just doing this tutorial straight-up.  What made AntlrWorks even
decide to do remote debugging in the first place? I thought it did Java
stuff (as this tutorial is) in-process? I am not selecting "Debug
Remote..." from the Debugger menu, rather I am selecting "Debug...".

I am quite stuck since I cannot get through beginner lesson #1 here.  I
appreciate any help that could get me unstuck. For what it is worth, I
am running Windows Vista x64.  Up until that point in the tutorial,
things are working fine.

For what it is worth:

netstat -an | findstr 49153

  TCP    0.0.0.0:49153          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
  TCP    [::]:49153             [::]:0                 LISTENING

-Bern