[antlr-interest] Newbie can't get off the ground and get through tutorial successfully

Bern.McCarty at bentley.com Bern.McCarty at bentley.com
Wed Dec 5 11:49:35 PST 2007

Using netstat -bv -an seems to show that the "EventLog" service is using
port 49153.

Active Connections

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State [System]

.

.

.

  TCP    0.0.0.0:49153          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

  Eventlog

[System]

.

.

.

  TCP    [::]:49153             [::]:0                 LISTENING

  Eventlog

[System]

I've tried to disable the windows event log service to see if it would
make a difference, but it seems Vista doesn't want to let me do that.  I
can stop some other services, but the EventLog is depended upon by the
Task Scheduling service and it seems Vista won't let you turn that one
off or something.

So, if Gavin's guess is right that even "local" debugging is using the
network stack, how do I at least configure it to use an available port
(rather than an unavailable port)?  The only opportunity to specify a
port is when selecting "Debug Remote..." but I am selecting "Debug...".

-Bern