[antlr-interest] Can tree rewriting be done (easily/out-of-the-box) with the current ANTLR 3.x?

Tom Smith yotommy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 05:47:17 PST 2007

Harald,

Looks like this is in the 3.1 early access release.  Here is an excerpt from
CHANGES.txt:

July 20, 2007

* Added AST construction for tree parsers including -> rewrite rules.
  Rewrite mode (rewrite=true) alters the tree in place rather than
  constructing a whole new tree.  Implementation notes:

Hope this helps,
Tom.