[antlr-interest] ANTLRworks errors debugging fuzzy grammars

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Thu Feb 22 10:58:37 PST 2007

I'm trying to write a fuzzy grammar, but it appears that ANTLRWorks
can't debug them. Is this the case? For example, if I attempt to
debug the FuzzyJava.g example, I get this:

[10:56:52] java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.antlr.works.generate.CodeGenerate.getGeneratedClassName
(Unknown Source)
	at org.antlr.works.generate.CodeGenerate.getGeneratedTextFileName
(Unknown Source)
	at org.antlr.works.debugger.local.DBLocal.prepare(Unknown Source)
	at org.antlr.works.debugger.local.DBLocal.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

If I try to "Generate Code", it says it can only generate code for
the Java language.

However, if I just run the ANTLR tool on the grammar, it completes
without complaint. Am I misunderstanding something?

ANTLRWorks 1.0b9 and ANTLR 3b6

TIA,

--
Rick