[antlr-interest] [v3] Lack of documentation

Don Caton dcaton at shorelinesoftware.com
Sun Jul 1 10:03:56 PDT 2007

Harald:

It never ceases to amaze me how professional programmers who write code for
a living expect others to do it for free.

I imagine that Ter's motivation for writing Antlr is not money, but
personally, I hope he gets stinking filthy rich from the proceeds of his
book.  If Antlr were a commercial product, he'd probably be making a nice
living out of it. Tools like Antlr are very specialized things, and good
ones can command a hefty price tag.  But instead he's chosen to give it
away.  Some people appreciate that, sadly, others don't.

If I were Ter, I'm not sure my response to you would have been so cordial.
We all need to vent now and then, but I think you owe him an apology.

--
Don