[antlr-interest] tree grammar clarification

Diehl, Matthew J matthew.j.diehl at intel.com
Mon Jul 2 13:16:29 PDT 2007

I don't know if anyone's replied to this yet...I have over 100 messages
that I haven't checked yet.

>The grammar rule I need to translate is:
>
>nonzeros : MYNZTN+ -> ^(MYNONZEROS MNZTN)+
>              ;
>

>I translated the above rule in my tree grammar as:
>
>nonzeros:  ^(MYNONZEROS MNZTN)+
>             ;
>
>When I translate the above rule in my tree grammar, ANTLR 3.0
>complains that the + is an unexpected token.

I've run into this problem too.  Alls you have to do is add some
parenthesis:

Nonzeros: (^(MYNONZEROS MNZTN))+

And then it's fine.  I think this should maybe be fixed (is it a bug?),
but it's not too hard to work around...just makes the code a little
harder to read.

Matt