[antlr-interest] [v3] Lack of documentation

Andy Tripp antlr at jazillian.com
Tue Jul 3 10:23:14 PDT 2007

Actually, "open source" has a specific definition:
http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd
and a non-profit company http://www.opensource.org/ who's main purpose
seems to be to
make sure people use the term correctly.

Both the open source and free software movements go to incredible
lengths to explain
that "free" and "open source" have nothing to do with cost. And, of
course, software can
be open source while its documentation, support, etc are not.

So many times I've wanted to scream "OK! Stop! We get it! 'open source'
and 'free' do
not imply gratis!"  But apparently some people really don't get it, as
if any money changing
hands or documentation being covered by existing copyright laws somehow
'violates
the spirit of open source'.

Oh well, the best I can do is go celebrate my right to blow my hand off
tomorrow.
Oh wait, I don't have that right in my state...whatever.

Andy