[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks 1.1 available

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Sun Jul 22 19:55:45 PDT 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007 18:37, Terence Parr wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Downloads from the antlr.org continue to exhibit problems in the
> > form of stalled transfers. This seems to be a perennial problem with
> > this site. What's the deal? Why does this problem persist over so
> > many months?
>
> Because it's not in my control.  Our IT group has been unable to
> solve.  They recently found a weird possible incompatibility with our
> linux NIC driver and cisco router.  If that doesn't explain it, I
> have go ahead from the dean to move it off campus and he'll pay for
> it. :)  Been waiting for sysadmin to return on Monday to check
> drivers.  Sorry.  Pretty sad and embarrassing.

The symptom is very reminiscent of a problem I once had with dial-up to
particular modem banks. At the time, I tracked it down to a problem
with checksum generation, causing repeated retries with progressively
(exponential!) increasing backoff times.

Perhaps your network hardware is very, very old!

> Ter

Randall Schulz