[antlr-interest] ANTLR for Style Check?

jason heddings rocket at heddway.com
Thu Mar 1 13:44:07 PST 2007

-------------------------

You could use antlr for this, for example, by looking at the token types,
line number and column and changing the styles accordingly - you would only
need a lexer and a while loop with the lexer.getNextToken() statement. In
principle you should be able to use a java grammar file, available from
antl.org to generate your lexer.

ANLTR does sound to me like a good fit, because it has channels that
would allow you to keep track of white space while parsing the
regular grammar. I'm curious. For what language you want to write a
style checker?