[antlr-interest] C# target poll

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Fri Sep 21 02:54:23 PDT 2007

Chris Lambrou wrote:
> I may be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that Silverlight only
> supports .NET 1.1, rather than 2.0. So there's one platform where
> support only for 2.0 might be an issue. That said, I'd personally rather
> work with a 2.0 target than a 1.1 target.
>
> Chris

Don't confuse the versioning of Silverlight with the versioning of .NET.
Silverlight 1.1 supports the .NET 2.1, which is an extended subset of
.NET 2.0. In other words, only features which are dropped in Silverlight
would become a problem for us, but I doubt that a parser runtime would
make use of those. And even then nothing would stop us to reimplement it
- or take it from Mono, if no licensing clashes occur.

Best regards,
Johannes Luber