[antlr-interest] autocompletion based on grmmar

Kamil Burzynski nopik at data.pl
Tue Apr 8 04:10:03 PDT 2008

Johannes Luber <jaluber at gmx.de> napisał(a):
> AFAIK, ANTLR still lacks a few capabilities to be itself able to do
> autocompletion. These are already on the todo-list, but as these aren't
> the only items left it may take a later version than 3.2 to have them
> completed. Of course, nothing can stop you from providing the missing
> bits yourself.

Indeed, I wish for better support. I did not considered extension of the
ANTLR itself (though it is very interesting idea! Terrence - if you are
reading this: can I help you somehow in this area?). Rather, I thought that
I will create regular parser, override its error recovery mechanism and try
to figure out the possibilities for completion. I did not tried yet, so I
am not sure if this is feasible at all ;)

--
Best regards from
Kamil Burzynski