[antlr-interest] C# TARGET ANNOUNCEMENTS

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Sat Apr 12 20:09:54 PDT 2008

At 14:27 13/04/2008, Micheal J wrote:
 >I was just answering the question you asked about CommonToken
 >(i.e. "does CommonToken already fulfil the role of Token in
 >the C# runtime?"). It doesn't.

I think Johannes' point is that Token doesn't really have a role
in the IToken hierarchy, since it doesn't actually implement
anything, and the interface already specifies all the abstract
methods.

What it does do is act as a container for handy constants related
to tokens, but there's no particular benefit to having it be a
base class as far as I can see.  (Probably it ought to be made a
static class now, not just an abstract class.  Although that's a
V2-only-ism.)

(Although on the subject of vestigial parts, what's with
Lexer.TOKEN_dot_EOF?)