[antlr-interest] Problem parsing double quotes

Mike Arace mikearace at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:39:29 PDT 2008

Hi Antlr List,

I am working on a grammar that seems to have run into a snag.  It seems as if the Antlr lexer or parser is eating my doulble quotes and adjacent characters.

I initialize the parser in the following manner:

WontonParser parser = new WontonParser(new CommonTokenStream(new WontonLexer(new CaseInsensitiveStringStream(command))));

where CaseInsensitiveStringStream is merely the Java version shown in the FAQ. (http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1782)

When "command" is the following:

-- string below --

replace trigger on table addresses after insert as
rs = database.query("select id from addresses");
while (rs.next()) {
    database.execute("insert into times (address_id) values ('" + rs.getData(0) +"') ");
}
endtrigger

-- string above --

the lexer seems to receive it correctly.  As the CommonTokenStream is initialized, however, it turns this into:

-- string below --

replace trigger on table addresses after insert as
rs = database.query(elect id from addresseswhile (rs.next()) database.execute(nsert into times (address_id) values ('" + rs.getData(0) +"')
endtrigger

-- string above --

Does anyone have any idea as to what can be happening?

Best Regards,
Mike