[antlr-interest] Partitioning Antlr grammar into a couple files

Vitaliy Vitaliy at dbsophic.com
Wed Feb 20 05:08:18 PST 2008

Hello,

I found no reference about this in the documentation -

I wonder if it's possible to divide the grammar definition between multiple
number of files -

I've defined a pretty large grammar - around 150 rules, spanning over 1500
lines.

When I first tried to generate the code using AntlrWorks, it just got stuck,
and after adding more memory to the process, it managed to generate almost
200,000 lines of C# code.

Anyway, It's really hard to test \ manage such a big grammar. Is there a way
to split it between a number of files?

Thanks,

Vitaliy