[antlr-interest] pseudocode translator to java,c and Ada

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Thu Feb 21 18:32:34 PST 2008

> Well, Randall,
>
> I cannot really answer you, as you are only talking to yourself.

There is no answer to give. I asked no question.

> A list is open to any question like mine , why should i keep it ?
> Besides, i do not want to justify if i am a student or a teacher.
> From what i understand, you have been none of them, because
> when you are a student, you want to learn from the others and
> when you are a teacher you want to share with the others.

I have long been and continue to be both.

> So i leave the question open for those who are intersted to talk
> about :
>
> did anyone worked on pseudocode-->java translation?

The question continues to be meaningless.

Give a grammar for your pseudocode (virtually certain to be
idiosyncratic) and you can get an answer (virtually certain to
be "no").

Pseudocode is, per se, not a thing. It cannot be "implemented." It
cannot be "translated."

And once you pin down the grammar... well, then, it's no
longer "pseudo," is it?

I am only trying to get you to think about your question. Otherwise you
will founder endlessly.

Perhaps you could start by giving some examples? They will elicit
specific questions about (gasp!) the grammar they exemplify. As you
answer them and as that process continues, you'll end up with a
particular grammar. _That_ can be implemented. But I assure you that no
one has done so before—it will be a novel language.

So it goes.

So you might as well skip the vacuous questions and start conceiving the
grammar of the "pseudo-" code you wish to implement. When you do, it
will no longer be pseudo, but it will (potentially) be implementable.

> Joe

Randall Schulz