[antlr-interest] soliciting language recipes book outline feedback

Tom Smith yotommy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:00:04 PST 2008

In the section on Translation recipes, I would love to see an outline of a
multi-pass translator (e.g., to support semantic checks).  IMHO, I've seen
great support for grammars (in the book, on this list, on the wiki), but
there is much less material addressing the overall structure of
applications.

As an example, after a lot of searching, I found a message from 2005 in the
archive of this list that I have used as a model for a multi-pass
translator:

http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2005-June/012788.html

This, or more recent rethinking of such approaches, could be a great help as
a how-to entry.

Thanks,
Tom.