[antlr-interest] Parsing Snippets of Code

Ana Nelson nelson.ana at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:54:55 PDT 2008

Have you looked at Pygments? It's a flexible and powerful option. It has
support for several formats besides HTML and you can write your own
formatters as well as lexers for new languages. (It even highlights ANTLR)

Even if you decide Pygments isn't for you, looking at the (python) source
code would give you a very good idea of what's involved with writing your
own syntax highlighter and you could then implement this in ANTLR. Looking
at one of the lexer files for a language you are familiar with will give you
an idea of what sort of parsing granularity is required for good, robust
syntax highlighting.