[antlr-interest] ANTLR compatibility with Eclipse 3.2

chalani wijesekara npchala at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 06:14:34 PDT 2008

Hi,

For the project that i'm currently working on is built on Eclipse 3.2, and for that project I'm using antlr.jar. This jar which i was imported is from the ANTLR 2.7.6.b1 version. The project working fine when i run it as 'Run as Java Application' but i need to run my project as 'Run As Eclipse Application'. But my project is not working and it shows something like unable to load a class file in my project. The exception was thrown from the CharScanner class in the ANTLR jar. I'm sure about the class path settings.

Is this ANTLR 2.7.6.b1 is compatible with Eclipse 3.2 and is ANTLR 2.7.6.b1 is compatible with the projects which needed to be run as 'Run as Eclipse Application'?

What is the most suitable ANTLR version that goes fine with the Eclipse 3.2 or a higher version?

Thanks,
C.Lah