[antlr-interest] C# Target Poll

Johannes Luber JALuber at gmx.de
Sun May 18 14:38:47 PDT 2008

> Hi,
>
> > Well, for ANTLR 3.2 I have to split the runtimes anyway. Not
> > only I can change the directory structure a bit (the current
> > one doesn't sit well with me, but I have to look into
> > possibly alternatives first)
>
> What are the issues with the current directory structure?

It's just that I don't like the current naming from an aesthically point of view. We have Antlr3.Runtime/Antlr.Runtime, etc. It is this repetition that irks me. I prefer DRY also in support structures and I feel as it is violated there. The only problem is that I don't know yet how to change that without losing the logical qualities exhibited there and those qualitities are more important than to pander my own sensibilities. I did mean "can" as "being when willing" here. Sorry if it came over too strong but I didn't expect that to be asked about this point. :)

Johannes