[antlr-interest] C# Target Poll

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Mon May 19 01:49:24 PDT 2008

At 09:38 19/05/2008, Johannes Luber wrote:
 >It's just that I don't like the current naming from an
aesthically
 >point of view. We have Antlr3.Runtime/Antlr.Runtime, etc. It is
 >this repetition that irks me.

The grouping makes a certain amount of sense; one refers to the
assembly and the other to the namespaces within that
assembly.  Though it's not entirely consistent, since the
Antlr3.Runtime.Tests assembly has all its files in the
assembly-folder, not in a namespace-named folder.

Speaking of which: what actually goes in the equivalently-named
folders in the root (/runtime/CSharp/)?  In the distribution
they're all empty.  (I haven't tried building the runtime
myself.  Maybe that would have answered this question.)

And on a related topic, it puzzled me a bit when I had to
reference "Antlr3.Runtime.dll" and then use the namespace
"Antlr.Runtime" in the code.  There's a bit of a disconnect there;
generally the assembly names tend to match the root namespace name
(either in full or squashed form).