[antlr-interest] can we require .NET 2 for ANTLR v3.2?

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Sat Nov 29 04:04:17 PST 2008

Hi,

> I hijack the thread for a similar question: Does anyone still
> use the CSharp target and not its successor? If not, I would
> like to remove then the support for ANTLR 3.2. I know that I
> said I would wait for ANTLR 3.3, but then I didn't expected
> it to take so much to arrive (at least 1 1/2 years). If there
> aren't any people complaining about this, I'll assume that no
> one uses it anymore. Which is a pretty safe bet as no one
> mailed me .NET 1.1 assemblies to upload (can't compile them
> myself for .NET 1.1).  :)

Kill CSharp. I suspect CSharp2 has undergone enough testing to date. You may
want to add a CSharp3 in place of CSharp....

Given that

a) C#/.NET 4 is (supposedly) around the corner and,
b) C#/.NET 3.x code can (be carefully designed/coded to) run on .NET 2.x
runtimes without additional dependencies,

you may want to go straight to .NET 3.x at the source level with .NET 2.x as
the runtime.

Micheal