[antlr-interest] Cannot launch the debugger Time-out waiting to connect to the remote parser

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:55:10 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Michael Pinnegar <jazzepi at gmail.com> wrote:
> That said, now I'd like to be able to feed my grammar various inputs and see how it deals with them.
>  When I go to run though, it says "Cannot launch the debugger Time-out waiting to connect to the
> remote parser". I found some other posts about it and took the following steps.
>
> 1. Rebooted computer multiple times.
> 2. Restarted ANTLRWorks 1.3 multiple times.

I have had to do this many times when I have something in my action
code that causes a compilation failure, but otherwise haven't had any
problems.  Do you get the timeout the very first time that you attempt
to run the debugger after a fresh application restart?

> 3. Port forwarded 49100 on my router. (I think this was unnecessary though, doesn't the localhosts
> mean it's trying to connect to the remote parser on my own computer?)

So you went into preferences and set the port to 49100?

Yes, localhost implies the local computer, which doesn't usually have
ports blocked.

I'm not sure what OS you're on, but what port(s) does netstat show
ANTLRWorks is using?

--
Kaleb Pederson

Blog - http://kalebpederson.com