[antlr-interest] how to write this rule's tree gramer

antlr_bill antlr_bill at yeah.net
Thu Oct 15 09:20:02 PDT 2009

Hi ,
I not sure whether I wrote the tree grammer are right , so please take look and give some comments please, that will help a lot.

here is a grammer to parse the java source .
fileDeclaration
    :   ( (annotations)? packageDeclaration )? (importDeclaration)* (typeDeclaration)*
    ;
so i defined an imaginary token named FILEDEC and rewrite the tree grammer as
->^( FILEDEC ( (annotations)? packageDeclaration )? (importDeclaration)* (typeDeclaration)* )
because all in the grammer are rules too. so I used an imaginary token here.

but this one below, there is a ',' can be the root of the subtree
expressionList
    :   expression (',' expression)*
    ;
so I rewrote the tree as this ,EXP is an imaginary token also
->^(EXP expression (','^ expression)* )

right ? or any better way ? I am really need you help

Thanks a lot
waitting online :)

BILL YUAN