[antlr-interest] SEEMS NOBODY HERE LIKE TO HELP OTHERS

Joseph Areeda newsreply at areeda.com
Fri Oct 16 02:44:52 PDT 2009

I wouldn't want to get in the way of a good pity party but my experience
has been the opposite.

I'm new to antlr, purchased the book, downloaded free software and got
my project working in record time (for me).

I had help along the way and have watched others get helpful responses
to their questions.

I wonder what are your expectations from a user mailing list?  It's
really not customer support of a commercial product or free consulting
services on your project.  It's a community of people with a common
interest.

May I suggest simple well formed questions that people can answer
quickly from experience rather than ones that take a lot of work to
understand. If the question is something like here's a 3 line grammar
that doesn't work with this input, I've seen very good answers come
quickly.  I've also seen questions like (OK this is hyperbole) I'm
trying to translate Japanese into Sanskrit, attached is my grammar file
it's only 80MB,  for some reason the past perfect tense is getting into
an infinite loop, please help.

Joe