[antlr-interest] SEEMS NOBODY HERE LIKE TO HELP OTHERS

Bill Andersen andersen at ontologyworks.com
Fri Oct 16 13:10:08 PDT 2009

To those complaining about the ANTLR list...

I've heard this complaint before and have even felt the same way from
time to time.  But I'm still here.

No matter what anyone says and even if you have the book, if you don't
live and breathe language design, starting out with ANTLR isn't really
that easy.  So you have to stumble around a bit and after a while,
you'll get better with the lingo and better at asking tighter, more
targeted questions that are worthy of the time of the busy folks on
this list to answer.  They *will* help you, but only if you help them
help you.

But if you ask a big, amorphous, poorly worded question (as I have on
a number of occasions) don't expect a lot of help.  I'm certain that
it's not personal.

Just hang in there, take your lumps and, after a while you'll learn
and find you'll get a lot more help.  In the end it's way worth it.
ANTLR is great stuff.

	.bill

Bill Andersen
Ontology Works, Inc. (www.ontologyworks.com)