[antlr-interest] How to make a Treeparser for Terence Parr Antlr grammer

foxterri foxterri foxterri2 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 02:31:34 PDT 2010

Hi
I am making a project where the goal is to make a Java to c++ translater. For this purpose I have decided to use ANTLR. I am done with the scanner and parser and are going to make the Treeparser. But how do I start by making this treeparser?
Based on Terence Parr java grammar (Link: http://www.antlr.org/grammar/1152141644268/Java.g) how would you start by making a treeparser for this?
I have looked in the "The Definitive ANTLR Reference" for inspiration.
But it seems like this only deals with grammars having rewrite rules or the AST construction operators ^ and ! which Terence Parr's grammar does not have.