[antlr-interest] greedy vs nongreedy lexer rules

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Apr 19 12:22:47 PDT 2010

Actually v3 by default no longer slurps of the entire input. you have to use the buffered version :)

We definitely don't like interaction between the parser and lexer because lookahead makes it difficult to determine when you do things. best to keep them totally separate. That said, the lexer can do a lot of state tracking itself if necessary.

Ter