[antlr-interest] antlr translation doubts

Bart Kiers bkiers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:45:44 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM, vijay e <vijaydone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I am doing  a code translator , where i just need to find certain patterns
> in my C code and change few lines in tht pattern, is there any way where i
> can do this translation without writin my entire C Grammar, because i am
> interested in only very few patterns, so without writin the grammar for
> other patterns , is thr a way to do the translation

No, you don't need to write an entire grammar for the C language. You can do
something called "fuzzy parsing" as it's called in 'the Definitive ANTLR
reference'. An example can be found here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2277130/using-antlr-to-parse-a-log-file

Of course you could grab a full C grammar from the ANTLR wiki and adjust it
to your needs.

http://www.antlr.org/grammar/list

Regards,

Bart.