[antlr-interest] Fedora antlr3-tool command line antlr returns version 2.7.7

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Aug 9 10:09:20 PDT 2011

On 08/09/2011 11:41 AM, The Researcher wrote:
> I am test building ANTLR on Fedora 15 and installed package antlr3-tool
> using the GUI.
>
> Using the command line I entered antlr only to see version 2.7.7 not 3.x.
>
> While I know that 2.x versions are needed for 3.x versions to build, if I
> were to run from the command line shouldn't the antlr command be a 3.x
> version?

Did you look at the package list to see what files got installed where?
On Fedora, ANTLR v3 is installed as /usr/bin/antlr3
In that way, ANTLR v2 and ANTLR v3 can both co-exist on the same system,
and ANTLR v2 can be used to build ANTLR v3.

If you have a problem with that, file bugzilla request with Fedora for a
change.

> So the real question is, can the antlr3-tool package be trusted for use from
> the command line?

I use it all the time, but with the command: antlr3

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at verizon.net
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net