[antlr-interest] A Request for ANTLR C Target

Gokulakannan Somasundaram gokul007 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:59:00 PDT 2011

Hi Jim,
      Thanks for the nice reset functionality you have provided in all the
parsers, lexers, InputStreams and TokenStreams in 3.4.

      In the grammar, that i am working with, there are atleast 1000 rules.
The current parser puts a function pointer for every rule, which makes the
size of the parser to around 10k in a 64 bit system.  But actually we need
only one entry point for the parser. If you can plan to provide something
which restricts the amount of Function pointer generation, that would
optimize the size of the created parser. I understand that there is a need
to be consistent with the Java interface. But just wanted to know, what you
feel about it.

Thanks,
Gokul.