[antlr-interest] contemplating a move of mailing list to stackoverflow.com

Eric researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:27:01 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I think killing off this list is a bad idea because the format here
complements the format at StackOverflow. We need both, but I do agree that
people should make use of both not just this list.

I just started using StackOverflow (SO) a few months ago and have spent
some serious hours just getting used to it.

Long story short.

1. Simple questions, simple answers.

2. The reputation game.

3. Vote counts do not always mean right answer or good question.

4. The serial upvoting detector. Yes Ter that was me, the mods taught me
how to get around it.

5. Having your questions and answers scrutinized by people who don't even
use ANTLR.

6. Losing lots of freedoms you have here.

7. Some people here who have implied reputations will lose them because
they are new to SO.
8. All post becoming

9. More fish answers than fishing answers. In other words, people tend to
give you a fish instead of teaching you to fish.

Eric