[antlr-interest] Antlr3 in Eclipse and Maven?

Brad Cox bradjcox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:08:34 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Jim Idle <jimi at temporal-wave.com> wrote:

> The wiki instructions are fine and the output you see on the web page is
> from maven. However you should really be using 3.4 anyway of course -

Fine? Of course? How would anyone know that when the wiki doesn't mention
versions, just a link to a  example with the wrong version number? Of
course you "should" but will anyone know that? Quote from
http://www.antlr.org/antlr3-maven-plugin/examples/simple.html

If your grammar files are organized into the default locations as described
in the introduction <http://www.antlr.org/antlr3-maven-plugin/index.html>,
then configuring the pom.xml file for your project is as simple as adding
this to it

<plugins>
<plugin>
    <groupId>org.antlr</groupId>
    <artifactId>antlr3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.3-1</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <goals>
                <goal>antlr</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>

I fixed the lexer problem and maven builds work now, but I still don't have
a clue about how to get the eclipse editor working.