[antlr-interest] Re: heterogeneous AST nodes and AST factory problem

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Wed Nov 20 13:52:40 PST 2002

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 11:31  AM, realistic_programmer
wrote:

> --- In antlr-interest at y..., Terence Parr <parrt at j...> wrote:
>> Uh oh...Houston we have a problem...
>
> <delurk>
> So, for the sake of those of us playing along at home, what does this
> mean in terms of the suitability of versions of Antlr?  Let's pretend
> that I am using Antlr for real, honest-to-goodness production work.
> Should I use:
>
> - 2.7.1  (last 'stable' release)
>
> - 2.7.2aX, where X appears to be 5 at the moment
>
> Should I use the latest and greatest 2aX release if I am not using
> Heterogeneous ASTs, and 2.7.1 otherwise?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.

JimG,

howdy.  2.7.2a5 is the answer; particularly if you are not using hetero
trees.  Almost ready to ship that.  Just trying to finish my semester
of teaching at USF and will jump all over this.

The question I asked has been resolved in my head after discussions.  I
will get to it during turkey week :)

Ter
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco