[antlr-interest] How to call self-build ANTLR correctly?

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Wed Jul 4 14:18:46 PDT 2007

Hi,

> Damn! I entered antlr-3.0.0.jar instead antlr-3.0.jar. No
> wonder that it never worked. My apologies for wasted several
> hours of the lifetimes of the participants. :( And my thanks
> for your efforts - otherwise I would have tried to run ANTLR
> on .NET via IKVM.

Do try IKVM once you're comfortable with rebuilding ANTLR...  ;-)

> I shudder only at the thought of doing so -
> only more bugs and configuration mistakes to squish...
>
> So, onto my next problem: The regenerated files are
> identical. A quick comparison showed, that ASTDbg.stg is
> identical. For whatever reason I seem to have compiled an old
> version despite using Fisheye. Is Fisheye acting up or what
> do I have to do to get the latest source?

Is ASTDbg.stg same as that on fisheye's browse interface?

Send me a copy of your downloaded ANTLR source archive (can I assume it has
the same contents as the source dir you built from?). I'll compare with
depot over the weekend. That should clarify if this is a fisheye stale
download issue. If you also send grammar + generated files, I'll re-generate
here and compare those too.

Micheal