[antlr-interest] help: using antlr

Peter Boughton boughtonp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:17:55 PST 2010

I think the top-posting bit is just part of his sig, and - whilst it
is very annoying - it is a far lesser crime than unnecessarily quoting
a whole message (including signature & footer) then dumping a bare
link in the middle of it, which clearly causes confusion.

Anyway, with regards to the "Asking Smart Questions" link (
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ), I think the key part
may be that Smiley has posted some code and said he has an assignment,
but may not have explained what he's tried so far, and which bit he's
stuck on.
(that's a guess - I don't fully understand the question so may be wrong).

Smiley - I don't understand the problem myself, but it might help
others who do if you state:
Is this is a program you have written, or someone else has supplied?
Have you searched Google for "ANTLR MPI" or similar?
Have you read any of the ANTLR FAQs/documentation?
etc

Hope this helps clarify things. :)