[antlr-interest] Linq like expressions library for java

Eric researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:20:36 PDT 2012

Hi Costa,

What I am about to say has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I take it that you are after something like F# Code Quotations See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd233212.aspx, and these in some
way extend back to LISP macros. If we come back up that tree on the Java
side you will encounter Scala. When looking for adding LINQ support to
Scala, I came across this. See:
http://scalamacros.org/talks/2011-10-18-WhatsUp.pdf . After a quick reading
it looks like these people want to go the same way the F# people are with
type providers. See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh156509(v=vs.110).aspx

While this is not an answer hopefully it sheds enough light on the
situation to look for branches off of it to find your answer.